Learn how to equip and run a light measurement laboratory. Get to know the accuracies involved in making practical measurements and how they relate to each other of the four main lighting metrics.
|Teaching Location: LIA Lab|
|Awarding Body: The Lighting Industry Academy|
|Duration: 2 days|
|Delivery: Mainly Lab based but some classroom sessions|
WHO IS IT FOR
Anyone who works in a lighting laboratory or production environment. people who are interested in knowing how light is measured and how the four main lighting metrics relate to each other.
HOW IT IS DELIVERED
Two days of practical, on-site demonstrations of lighting measurement for luminous flux, luminous intensity, illuminance, reflectivity, optical safety and luminance.
MODULES/ LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Measurement of luminous flux
- Measurement of luminous intensity and creation of a lighting software data file
- Measurement of luminance and its relationship to the measurement of reflectivity and illuminance.
- Investigation of photobiological safety measurement and allocation of optical safety risk groups and hazard distance.
- Investigation of the accuracy of light meters.
- Investigation of colour matching.
5 people maximum on each course.
There is no assessment involved in this course. A certificate of attendance will be issued.
|Member: £625 + VAT|
|Non-Member: £745 + VAT|
UPCOMING DATES FOR THIS COURSE
|27th - 28th November 2019 The LIA, Telford|
|8th - 9th January 2020 The LIA, Telford|
|28th - 29th April 2020 The LIA, Telford|