This one day course offers the attendee an understanding of the breadth of legislation requirements, such as LVD, EMCD, RoHS, ERP etc., to place lighting products on the market and covers all relevant regulations and directives that can affect manufacturers, importers and distributors of luminaires, light sources, control gear or components.
Using the LIA’s LIAQA model, the course delegates will be given an appreciation of implementing and maintaining a quality control system to ensure continued conformity, including the control of imported goods, following the achievement of product compliance.
A key area of product conformity is production testing, and as part of the training day learners will be given a ‘Hands-On, Have-a-Go’ of production testing at the state-of-the-art LIA Laboratory using traditional Clare Test Equipment and the latest Seaward HAL tester.
|Course Location:||Telford and South of England|
|Education Institution:||The Lighting Industry Academy|
|Delivery:||Teacher-led classroom learning and practical training|
|Intakes:||Once a month at specified dates|
|Course Provider:||The Lighting Industry Academy|
WHO IT IS FOR
This course is suitable for all industry sectors including luminaires, light sources, control gear or components. Manufacturers, Importers, Designers, Technical staff, Product selectors, Product specifiers, Quality staff and distributers.
HOW IT IS DELIVERED
The course is delivered via presentations and handout in a classroom setting.
All learners will be provided with a comprehensive set of support material, serving as a valuable point of reference after completion of the course.
MODULES/ LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- > All 12 current legislative and regulatory requirements that can affect manufacturers, importers and distributors of lighting products such as LVD, EMCD, RoHSD and ERPD
- > Open discussions on legislation and how best to apply the requirements
- > Operating a quality system including control of imported goods
- > Production testing and controlling conformity
- > Hands on use of production test equipment and the functions of different types of equipment
One day: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm.
The learners are not assessed on this course.
Learners can do other courses on Standards and Legislations in Lighting:
- > Understanding Lighting Standards - BSEN 60598-1
- > Practical Course in Luminaire Testing to IEC/EN 60598
Improve knowledge of a specific topic of lighting by enrolling on the courses in one of the following subject areas:
- > Energy Efficient Lighting (understanding LEDs and their energy saving benefits)
- > Lighting Design Software (DIALux and Relux)
- > Emergency Lighting (endorsed by ICEL)
Depending upon the learner's experience and knowledge, they may choose to do the courses from introductory, certificate, advanced certificates and all the way up to Higher National Certificate and Diploma (HNC and HND) in Lighting Design and Technology (in partnership with the University of South Wales).
For individual delegates:
|Member:||£295 + VAT|
|Non-Member:||£365 + VAT|
UPCOMING DATES FOR THIS COURSE
|6th November 2018||TELFORD|
|22nd January 2019||TELFORD|
|5th March 2019||TELFORD|
|17th April 2019||TELFORD|
|4th June 2019||TELFORD|
For the full range of courses at the Academy and their upcoming dates, please check out the Latest Course Schedule.