A one day course comprising the fundamental aspects of BS 5266 parts 1, EN 1838 / 50171 and 50172
Part 1 has been revised in 2016 and the course includes this material with particular reference to the new test and servicing recommendations.
The course is in sections with a test after each section, those delegates passing qualifying for an ICEL certificate.
Advice is given on the new category of Emergency Safety Lighting detailed in BS 5266-1 2016 which covers the need to protect occupants of premises that are not evacuated immediately in a normal supply failure.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates should be familiar with lighting terminology, however this course will be useful to both those who have been in the industry for some time and would seek to be updated and those relatively new to emergency lighting who require a greater understanding. Certificates will be awarded to delegates who pass the course and also qualify for 6.5 hours of CPD (Continual Professional Development)
- A. Background and legislation for emergency lighting.
- B. Emergency lighting systems, exit signs and illuminance.
- C. Maintained/Non-maintained lighting, special requirements, labeling, recharge times and approval certification.
- D. Design procedures for emergency lighting, including integrity and spacings.
- E. High risk task areas, response times, correction factors, and luminaire conversions.
- F. Disability glare, installation, testing, service, commissioning, checklists and maintenance for emergency lighting systems.
Costs for onsite training (up to 10 delegates)
Member - £2250 + VAT
Non-member - £2925 + VAT
OTHER DATES FOR THIS COURSE
|7th April 2017||STAINES UPON THAMES|
|4th May 2017||TELFORD|
|9th June 2017||SOUTH EAST|
|6th July 2017||TELFORD|