EXTERIOR LIGHTING DESIGN - ADVANCED CERTIFICATE
The fully redeveloped Advanced Certificate course in Exterior Lighting provides learners with the vital, well informed next step in advancing their knowledge and education for a career in lighting.
The Advanced Certificate course fulfils the learner’s desire and need to know more and provides the crucial stepping stone for progressing their careers in lighting, be it in product development, sales or application and design.
The course is delivered by respected, highly qualified, well-known industry experts, all with University Recognised Teacher Status.
To reinforce and support the learning, completely new, up-to-date and comprehensive course textbooks have been written to capture and convey this wealth of experience.
||Telford and South of England
||The Lighting Industry Academy
||3.5 days + 12 week period for project completion
||Continuous days of classroom learning
||Once a month at specified dates
Non Member cost:
Working at educational Level 5
£850 + VAT
£1050 + VAT
The Lighting Industry Academy also offers the Advanced Certificate Course in Exterior Lighting. The two advanced certificate courses are fully aligned with each other so that students taking them both will fully benefit from the course materials.
WHO IT IS FOR
Aimed at experienced lighting professionals looking to further their skills and lighting knowledge or wanting to take their learning to the next level after completing the Lighting Industry Academy’s Certificate course.
The Advanced course offers those with a career in lighting to develop a much deeper understanding of light, vision and design to deliver professional schemes. For those seeking a strategic advantage over their competitors, the course
gives an in-depth understanding to apply the latest knowledge and thought processes.
The course offers the highest available level in vocational lighting training, working at Educational Level 5.
HOW IT IS DELIVERED
This course consists of three days of learning, a half day design briefing and the requirement to complete the interior lighting project over a twelve week period.
MODULES/ LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Students have the opportunity to uniquely explore the complete journey from the art of lighting, through the science and practicalities to the successful specification. The student will start with light and perception, move on to the design
process, engage with lamps, luminaires, controls, CAD, and computer modelling and finally the use of codes and the production of specifications and drawings.
- > A design focused approach based on understanding the human factors of perception, recognition and orientation
- > Understanding the natural world and using this with predictive laws to improve your outdoor designs
- > Forms and functions of exterior lighting including sources, optics, maintenance and controls
- > Floodlighting for large areas and sports
- > Lighting architecture, facades and heritage buildings
- > Working with, convincing and specifying for the design team
- > Identifying the users and their needs
- > Handling large Infrastructure size projects, for example, Rail or Air Termini
- > Energy & Sustainability, environmental impacts and light nuisance
- > Using Master planning to give lighting a place in the city
- > Design stages, guidance, schedules, risk, contracts and finance
- > The science of light in the exterior night time environment
- > Computer software renders and measuring your installation
This course consists of three days of learning, a half day design briefing and the requirement to complete the exterior lighting project over a twelve week period.
Coursework and a major set project for the student to complete at the end.
Post-course all students will be provided with marked feedback.
Further develop your knowledge and career in lighting by studying for the highest qualification offered by the Academy at Higher National Certificate and Diploma (HNC and HND) in Lighting Design and Technology (offered in partnership with the University of South Wales),
upon completion of which the students will have the option to convert it to BSc (Hons) Lighting Design and Technology degree at University of South Wales.
Learners may also want to improve their knowledge of a specific topic of lighting by enrolling on to the courses in one of the following subject areas: