Trainee Accounting Technician - The Lighting Industry Association (LIA)
Job Title: Trainee Accounting Technician
Company: The Lighting Industry Association (LIA)
Hours: Mon to Fri, 9am – 5pm with 30mins for lunch (37.5 hours)
An integral part of the team, the accounting technician will be responsible for the accurate and timely input of data onto the finance system and ensuring source documentation is scanned and filed accurately. Recovering any unpaid money that is owed to the organisation, reducing bad debt and improving the cash flow in to the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Credit Control / Sales Ledger Duties.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments.
- Utilising our credit control software called “Credit hound”, play an active role in chasing customer debts and keeping the notes up to date on the system.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting system.
- Send monthly statements and chasing letters.
- Chase outstanding debt.
- Run weekly debtor reports and advise interested parties.
- Identify and flag customer accounts where there are potential queries / issues and ensure that these are followed up in a timely manner.
- Raise and issue Invoices/Credit notes as required.
Purchase Ledger Duties
- Matching Purchase invoices to Purchase orders, seeking authorisation and processing the invoices onto the Sage 200 Accounts system.
- Processing Staff expenses onto the accounts system.
- Reconciling Supplier Statements to the Accounts System.
- Ensuring that all documentation is filed in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Accounting technician in the preparation for month end.
- Utilising Excel and other tools to prepare weekly reports on credit control.
Personal Specification - Skills and Abilities for role
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above.
- Must have a can do attitude and be prepared to pitch in when required.
- A confident manner and a cheerful disposition.
- Must have the tenacity to be able to see a job from start to finish when working in an open plan office.
- The individual also needs to be attentive to detail and have excellent organisation skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Passionate about your work.
- Must have an aptitude for Microsoft Excel and word.
- Computer literate with an ability to pick up accounts software packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to Hayley Hillyard, Financial Controller at email@example.com
Alternatively, post to: Lighting Industry Association Ltd, Stafford Park 7, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BQ