Market Compliance Manager - The Lighting Industry Association (LIA)
Job Title: Market Compliance Manager
Company: The Lighting Industry Association (LIA)
Hours: Mon to Fri, 9AM – 5PM, Office based with occasional travel – LIAQA visits
Responsible For Market Compliance Scheme
The rationale of the scheme is to show that LIA Members have adequate and reliable product Technical Files, and that they do not make false claims in relation to product performance. The Scheme's assessment seeks to clarify the existing legal requirements of the CE Technical Document.
To undertake market surveillance on products placed on the market with retailers, wholesalers and other supply chain partners to ensure that they are compliant and/ or report to the relevant market surveillance authorities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the Market Compliance Scheme.
- Perform CE Technical File assessments.
- Identify non-conformities within the CE Technical File.
- Address the non-conformities, and to work with members to ensure that they have the right technical documentation, and to ensure they meet the CE requirements.
- Ensure that non-conformance is followed up in a timely manner.
- Members’ ISO 9001: maintaining a record.
- Mystery shopper – retailers market surveillance.
- Present at technical forums and other events.
- To report KPI’s on both the Compliance and Surveillance Scheme.
- To look for potential business opportunities within this work and forward to the relevant teams, i.e. Lumicom /Academy.
- Liaise with national market surveillance authorities.
Personal Specification - Skills and Abilities for role
- Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Understanding of Technical standards /legislation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to Hayley Hillyard, Financial Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, post to: Lighting Industry Association Ltd, Stafford Park 7, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BQ