The LIA Council - supporting a quality and vibrant UK lighting market
Pictured: L-R: Stuart Noble, Dar; Andrew Nixon, Martech; Steve Davies, LIA; Paul Cassidy, Whitecroft; Joao Pola, Signify; Richard Bushnell, Osram; Phil Cross, Aurora; Matt Carpenter, Feilo Sylvania; Terry Dean, DW Windsor Group; Andrew Gooding, Integral LED; Peter McVeigh, Status International; Mark King, Eaton; Peter Hunt, LIA; David Wright, Jordan Reflectors; Peter Le Manquais, Wila; Russell Cameron, Innermost; Andy Hughes, Zumtobel)
July saw the first Lighting Industry Association (LIA) Council meeting chaired by new President, Mr Terry Dean of DW Windsor Group. Terry was joined by two new Vice Presidents, Peter McVeigh, Chairman and Managing Director of Status International (UK) Ltd and Phil Cross, Managing Director of Aurora Lighting Group.
Terry is Chairman of DW Windsor Group, CEO of DW Windsor and Urban Control; he has contributed to the lighting industry for almost 40 years. A well-respected figure and frequent spokesman within industry he has served on the LIA council for seven years and has been Chairman of HEMSA in both 2004/5 and 2010/11.
He accepted the tenure of the presidency at the LIA’s Annual Lunch earlier this year, where retiring President, David Ribbons presented Terry with the chains of office, which he will hold for a two-year term. In his speech, Terry went on to say
"It is a great honour being elected to this role. Over the course of my Presidency, my focus will be on continuing to improve communications between the LIA and its Members. Our Members look to the LIA as a body of excellence, technical support and advice: supporting the LIA in delivering on this mission, in a professional manner, will be my priority"
The Lighting Industry Association is managed and governed through a collection of well-respected industry wide representatives, collectively known as the LIA Council. Its purpose is to ensure the LIA’s continued prosperity by collectively directing its affairs, while meeting the appropriate interests of LIA Members, the lighting industry and relevant stakeholders.
The LIA Council focuses on four key areas:
- Establishing vision, mission and values.
- Setting strategy and structure.
- Delegating to management.
- Exercising accountability to shareholders and being responsible to relevant stakeholders.
Council Members are elected from the LIA Membership on a two year rotation basis. As Council Members automatically ‘retire’ they can seek re-election or be replaced by another individual put forward from their member company.
This year candidates were nominated for the eight available seats. Elected by the Membership, the following retiring Council Members were re-elected:
- Richard Bushnell (Osram).
- Peter McVeigh (Status International).
- Dave Ribbons (Lutron Electronics Limited).
We also welcomed new Council Members:
- Andrew Gooding (Integral LED).
- Stuart Noble (Dar Lighting).
- Joao Pola (Signify).
- Graeme Shaw (Zumtobel).
- Peter Van Der Kolk (John Cullen Lighting).
Terry, Peter and the whole of the LIA Council would like to thank those retiring Members for their time and enthusiasm and would also like to take a moment to remember from the LIA Council, Paul Keen, from GE and Lou Bedocs, a long standing contributor to the LIA and the wider lighting industry, both of whom sadly passed away this year.
More on the LIA Council can be viewed here
Full list of Council Members
- Alasdair McRury - Holophane Europe Limited and Carandini Spain
- Andrew Gooding - Integral LED
- Andrew Nixon - Martech UK Ltd
- Andy Hughes - ZG Lighting (UK) Limited
- Dave Ribbons - Lutron Electronics Limited
- David Wright - Jordan Reflectors Limited and Emergency Lighting Products Limited
- Graeme Shaw – Zumtobel
- Joao Pola – Signify
- Mark King – Eaton
- Matt Carpenter - Feilo Sylvania
- Paul Cassidy - Whitecroft Lighting
- Peter Denny - NVC Lighting
- Peter Hunt - The LIA
- Peter Le Manquais – Wila
- Peter McVeigh - Status International Limited
- Peter Van Der Kolk - John Cullen Lighting
- Phil Cross – Aurora Ltd
- Richard Bushnell - Osram Limited
- Richard Kemp – Ansell
- Russell Cameron - Innermost Ltd
- Shaun Davies - TP 24
- Simon Lilley - S Lilley & Son Limited
- Steve Davies - The LIA
- Steve Stark – Ledvance
- Stuart Noble - Dar Lighting
- Terry Dean - DW Windsor Group