The finalists are?
We are excited to announce the Delight in Light Finalists for 2015/16. ‘Delight in Light’ is a movement created to encourage excellence in lighting design.
2015/16 saw 50 designs submitted and over 2,500 votes cast and 6 finalists have been selected:
- Jack Butterworth with Luceo from Nottingham Trent University
- Tom Butterfield with The Eclipse light from Northumbria University
- Dan Genner with Sonor Task Lamp from Northumbria University,
- Jimin Jeon with L0 from Northumbria University
- Conor Kirkpatrick with The Snuff Light from Northumbria University
- Joe Pendrich with Geo light from Northumbria University
The Judges also acknowledged the following designs as highly commended:
- Haruki Ara with Shiroshi from Northumbria University
- Tristan Guerrero with Hikari light from University of Wolverhampton
- Alex Hay with R20 from Northumbria University
- Natasha Lewis with viv from Nottingham Trent University
- James Skelton with Torner from Northumbria University
The designs were judged by LIA COO, Peter Hunt and Simon Terry, Innovation & Brand Director at Anglepoise.
Luceo by Jack Butterworth received the most on-line votes with over 500 votes cast.
The Final Judging will be held at the LIA in Telford on 31st January 2017. Here the finalists will present a working prototype of their design to the judging panel of Peter Hunt, LIA, Simon Terry from Anglepoise and Innermost’s Russell Cameron.
The Delight in Light 2015/16 winner will be awarded the prize money of £1,000. These awards are organised by The Lighting Industry Association and sponsored by Anglepoise
View the finalist's and all entries at http://delightinlight.org