In an unprecedented move to prove the quality of their products and differentiate themselves from manufacturers of non-compliant products entering the UK Market, LIA Members have agreed to take part in the UK’s largest ever on-going market surveillance initiative.
From January 2017, ALL LIA Members will participate in random product inspections, that will be performed by the LIA in their UKAS accredited laboratory in Telford.
Market Surveillance initiative operation
- The initiative is designed to provide consumer confidence for LIA Member products.
- Member companies are selected via a ballot every quarter.
- Test results, including non-conformities, are reported to the individual Member company but otherwise kept private and secure.
- Annual results are collated and published with a list outlining the number of products tested and the number of non-compliance issues.
Market Surveillance initiative benefits.
- Use the LIA Member certification mark to demonstrate to customers that your products can pass rigorous random tests and comply with safety and performance standards.
- Enjoy a ‘level playing field’ where all Members adhere to the same levels of quality.
- Members are invited to address non-conformities and non-compliances.
- Join us in promoting and furthering high quality standards throughout the lighting industry.