The LIA Council is made up of professionals from various aspects of the UK Lighting Industry. The purpose of the LIA Council is to ensure LIA’s continued prosperity by collectively directing its affairs, while meeting the appropriate interests of its Members and relevant stakeholders.
The Council focuses on four key areas:
- establishing vision, mission and values
- setting strategy and structure
- delegating to management
- exercising accountability to shareholders and being responsible to relevant stakeholders
Peter Scott - President
Peter Scott, CEO of Fern-Howard Lighting, was welcomed as LIA President by departing President, Alasdair McRury, Managing Director of Holophane Europe during the LIA’s Annual Lunch held on 10 May.
Peter will aid the LIA and its continued developments to support its members and UK lighting Industry.
Including what may possibly have the most far reaching effect on the industry: The Academy, which will bring all of the relevant training providers together under a single umbrella, ensuring a consistent levels of quality and a central point of access.
Alasdair McRury - Past President
Alasdair is VP and Managing Director European Operations at Holophane Europe and Carandini Spain.
He was appointed President of LIA in May 2015.
Rune Marki - Past President
Today, the LIA Council Comprises of 23 industry professionals:
- Michael Barrett, General Manager Product Management - EMEA at GE Lighting Limited
- Richard Bushnell, Head of Sales Digital Solutions Northern Europe / Managing Director - UK at Osram Limited
- Russell Cameron, Sales Director & Co-founder of Innermost Ltd
- Mike Collet, CEO at WILA Group Limited
- Phil Cross, Director - OEM at Philips Lighting Limited
- Shaun Davies, Owner/Managing Director at TP 24
- Terry Dean, Managing Director at DW Windsor Limited
- Peter Denny, Projects Sales Director at ZG Lighting (UK) Limited
- Tom Doneghan, Director at Inlico Limited
- Trevor Grote, Managing Director at British Electric lamps Limited
- Andy Hughes, ZG Lighting (UK) Limited
- Stewart Langdown, Director at Mackwell Electronics Limited
- Craig Lewis, Managing Director at Novah Limited
- Simon Lilley, Director/Company Secretary at S Lilley & Son Limited
- Nicola McGuirk, Managing Director at Dar Lighting Limited
- Alasdair McRury, VP and Managing Director European Operations at Holophane Europe Limited and Carandini Spain
- Peter McVeigh, Managing Director at Status International Limited
- Andrew Nixon, Design Director of Martech UK Ltd
- Dave Ribbons, Director of Sales Northern, Central and Eastern Europe at Lutron Electronics Limited
- John Robb, Marketing Director at Eaton Limited
- Peter Scott, Managing Director at Fernhoward Limited
- John Stocks, Head of Quality & Supply Chain at Ceravision Limited
- David Wright, Managing Director at Jordan Reflectors Limited and Emergency Lighting Products Limited