The Winner of Delight in Light is Ash Allen with an elegant and beautifully simple ceramic pendant design called Dollop
Congratulations to him for winning the prize of £1,000 plus, more importantly, the exposure this will give him in developing a career in product design.
With over 70 designs submitted and nearly 10,000 votes cast at www.delightinlight.org/, the ten finalists exhibited their designs at 100% design where over 600 visitors voted for their favourite design. The top five designs then went forward to present at the Public Final, held on the 21st September.
2013 Delight in Light Finalist were
- BRANCH Lighting System by Peter Larkam
- Dollop by Ash Allen
- Eclipse by Bryant Chan from Birmingham City University
- Film noir by Abay Zhumagulov from Central Saint Martins
- Halyard Lamp by Jo Weaden
(l-r - Oliver Hrubiak, Ash Allen, Peter Hunt, Alexander Taylor and Simon Terry)
- Alexander Taylor, Alexander Taylor Studio
- Simon Terry, Anglepoise
- Oliver Hrubiak, Oliver Hrubiak Design
- Peter Hunt, The Lighting Industry Association
The Judges would like to thank the final five for their great presentations, under significant pressure. The result was very close in the end.
Visit Delight in Light, part of a new lighting design resource
The changes we have made to the Delight in Light Design competition also reflects the way we communicate.
To summarise them:
- Entries will be uploaded to the website.
- Entries can be viewed online and the public can vote to create a shortlist.
- Judging of the finalists will take place at 100% design with high profile judges from the design world and the lighting industry.
- Delight in Light is on Facebook and Twitter and we encourage use of these resources by the designers and industry to generate a forum and liaison.
- Deadlines are much later than previous years allowing a more flexible approach for individual and block entries. Deadline is midnight on the 1 August 2014
Delight in Light is the new Student Lighting Design Awards, are sponsored by Anglepoise
More information can be found at www.delightinlight.org
Have a question? then email us.