Principles of Code of Practice
LIA Recognition requires participants to implement and maintain the following basic requirements, as fully detailed in the Code of Practice (CoP)
- Develop and maintain a Documented Quality Manual and Operating Procedures.
- Agree to an announced or under certain circumstances unannounced annual Audit of the Quality Control System, including practical demonstration of essential QC processes and inspection of associated Technical File documentation.
- To supply luminaires that comply with the requirements of CoP, based upon the requirements of BS EN 60598.
- To purchase electrical components and fully assembled luminaires in accordance with CoP requirements.
- To undertake Goods Inwards Inspection in accordance with CoP requirements.
- To maintain documented assembly and inspection procedures, made available to relevant personnel and to maintain technical files on product construction.
- In-house production: Perform 100% electrical test and inspection.
Imported luminaires: Perform any or all Options, as considered necessary:
Option 1 = UK 100% electrical test and inspection. (Section 7 of the CoP)
Option 2 = UK batch test plus submit supplier audits annually.
Option 3 = Submit annual supplier audits, plus PDI audit review at supplier’s premises.
- To maintain annual calibration of test/inspection equipment.
- To mark/label each luminaire manufactured such that traceability to test records is ensured.
- To carry out and record audit tests in accordance with CoP requirements.